Working on a new forever long blog post that was inspired by a wonderful conversation I had with a group of my literary work friends the other night. (Janet is a self published author. Cassidy is a publishing house executive. Tamara and Blake, are fellow editors.)
Somehow we got on the subject of our favorite authors outside of work. (I’m a big John Sandford fan and have the entire Lucas Davenport/Prey series plus a few others of his while Cassidy only reads science fiction when she’s off the clock.) By the time our plates were eaten and our after dinner drinks were ordered, our conversation had expanded into a discussion of our favorite classic reads: Emily Bronte, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tolstoy, Tolkien, and the like.
That list of books has rattled around in the subconscious part of my brain for the better part of a week and I finally know what I’m gonna do with it. I’m gonna share it with you! It’s a rather large list so I’m gonna work on it over the rest of the holiday week/weekend and will *fingers crossed* post it sometime next week.
- Uh-oh! J.R.R. Tolkien Estate Sues Warner Brothers for $80 Million (hollywood.com)
- JRR Tolkien’s daughter sues producers of The Hobbit (telegraph.co.uk)
- John Sandford ‘Prey’ Series Author Bumps ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ With New Book ‘Mad River in ‘Virgil Flowers’ Series [REVIEWS] (booksnreview.com)
- Survey Results! What Do You Like To See On Author Blogs? (julietmadison.wordpress.com)
- The Next Big Thing Blog Hop – All About My WIP (laneheymont.com)
- You Are Invited to Participate in a Blog Chain – “The Next Big Thing” (ptbertram.wordpress.com)
- Author Interview: Greg Messel (thesolitarybookworm.com)
- Book Review – Stolen Prey by John Sandford (duffbert.com)