Captain Rodney’s Cheese Bake is touted as “The Top Tailgating Recipe in the South” and after seeing it rapidly disappear from our serving dishes tonight, I can believe it. After actually trying it, I DO believe it.
But since our night was so successful I figured I might want to share the recipe with you all because this stuff is seriously just that good.
You will need these ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
One 8 oz pack cream cheese
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 green onions (chopped)
6 Ritz crackers (crushed)
8 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1/2 cup of any Captain Rodney’s Glaze (or any name brand pepper jelly that is carried where you live)
Mix mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar and onions in greased quiche pan.
Top with crackers and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Top with bacon and pepper glaze.
Serve with crackers.
What people are saying about this dip:
“Please use caution. This recipe has been known to induce rabid double-dipping and flagrant disregard for health!” — Laura
“It was some kind of cheesy-greasy-awesomely fantastic goodness for the
mouth and evil for the diet.” — Nicole
Today’s post is part of the March NaBloPoMo challenge given by BlogHer.
- A Super Bowl of Dip (deliciousonadollar.com)
- Lasagna Dip (diethood.com)
- Enchilada Lasagna (pintertesting.com)
- Hot Wings with Blue Cheese Mayonnaise (twolovesstudio.com)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese: Recipe Sunday (ifyoucanread.com)
- Clucking Crackers (instructables.com)
- Guest Recipe: Beer Cheese Crackers with Beer Cheese Spread (kcet.org)